DRIVER II Dissemination Outputs
The DRIVER project finished in December 2009 after helping the establishment and development of the European open access repository infrastructure. Project staff were active in disseminating the results of the DRIVER work and the formation of support structures and consortia to advance DRIVER objectives. Below is a list of the dissemination outputs from the project.
DRIVER II Dissemination Outputs January 2008 - December 2009
- - 53 presentations at conferences or workshops - an average of a conference or workshop every two weeks
- - the DRIVER Summit - an international conference specifically on DRIVER
- - presentations at other types of meetings and dissemination continued throughout
- - 10 peer-reviewed publications
- - support website, wiki and service portal available throughout the period
- - 3 published Studies, 4 Reports and on-line resources, posters, leaflets
- - dissemination raised awareness of DRIVER brand and was successful in attracting world-wide interest, including specific approaches from India and China; supporting international workshop in Amsterdam and support for COAR as outcome.
- Epistemic Betworks and GRID London 20-Jan-08
- Open Repositories 2008 Southampton 03-Apr-08
- CNR Congress Rome 08-May-08
- Deutschen Bibliothekartag 2008 Bielefeld Jun-08
- Communia Conference Louvain-la-Neuve 30-Jun-08
- LIBER Istanbul 03-Jul-08
- TICER Summer School Tilburg 28-Aug-08
- ECDL Aarhus 15-Sep-08
- SPARC Meeting Baltimore 16-Nov-08
- SPARC Meeting Baltimore 17-Nov-08
- Polish Digital Libraries Conference Poznan 25-Nov-08
- Italian Research Conference on Digital Libraries Padova 29-Jan-09
- International Bielefeld Bielefeld 03-Feb-09
- Strategies for Multimedia Archives Ghent 06-Feb-09
- GRL 2020 Asia Taipei 24-Feb-09
- International Repositories Workshop Amsterdam 16-Mar-09
- Eurodoc Slovakia 24-Mar-09
- Danish OA Day 2009 Copenhagen 31-Mar-09
- Couperin OA Conference Paris 02-Apr-09
- Curating Research 09 Hague 17-Apr-09
- Open Educational Resources in Poland Warsaw 23-Apr-09
- Open Science in Poland Warsaw 05-May-09
- IST Africa Kampala 08-May-09
- African Digital Scholarship Pretoria 12-May-09
- eIFL Pretoria 14-May-09
- SAPCON Digital Preservation Workshop Durban 21-May-09
- OAI6 - poster Geneva 17 Jun 09
- EPWS Brussels 25-Jun-09
- LIBER Toulouse 30-Jun-09
- Informatie Ostend 10-Sep-09
- European Research Area Brussels 21-Oct-09
PLUS the DRIVER Summit, Gent as an international conference solely about DRIVER which included 10 separate presentations.
- 32 Conferences during the course of DRIVER II
For particular presentations in conferences see the Presentations page
- UNICA Scholarly Communications Seminar 2008 Prague 30 June 1905
- Communia International Workshop Torino 18 January 2008
- RSP Event Sheffield 06 February 2008
- Way to OA to Documents in Belgium Belgium 17 April 2008
- RSP Services Day Nottingham 23 April 2008
- Presentation Ghent 01 October 2008
- RSP Summer School Wirral 19 June 2008
- Treble CLEF Workshop: Workshop on Best Practices for System Developers: Winterthus 02 October 2008
- Presentation Patras 26 November 2008
- DART Europe London 04 December 2008
- Progetto Infrascienza Rome 15 December 2008
- SUETR event: Embedding Repositories Lincoln 10 February 2009
- Roadshow Ghent 01 March 2009
- SUETr workshop University of Bath UK 11 March 2009
- RSP Summer School Newcastle 14 September 2009
- OA day at Ghent Uni Ghent 01 October 2009
- Presentation Brno University of Technology 22 October 2009
- Presentation Prague Technical library 23 October 2009
- Library Science Talks Geneva 8 December 2009
- Library Science Talks Bern 9 December 2009
- OAI6 - workshop Geneva 17th Jun 09, which included a poster and a
workshop with 6 separate presentations/demos
- 21 Workshops during the course of DRIVER II
For particular presentations in workshops see the Presentations page
Examples of presentations at other types of meetings:
- Hubbard, Bill 'Repositories Initiatives & Structures', Universitas 21 Meeting, University College Dublin, 20th January 2009
- Kavcic-Colic, A "Projekt DRIVER" presented at Evropski in domaci projekti na podrocju digitalne knjinice, NUK, 11 February 2009
- Horstmann, W "The DRIVER initiative for networking repositories" presented at The Open Data Foundation meeting in Bonn, Germany, April 2-3 2009.
- Kavcic-Colic, A "Some EU projects that can be interesting for cooperation of South and Eastern Europe" presented at SEEDI Annual Meeting, Belgrade 16-17 April 2009
- Lopez Medina, Alicia "DRIVER, la infrastructura europea de repositories cientificos de acceso abierto", presented at the Primera Conferencia National e Internacional: Integracion de contenidos digitales a traves de redes academicas, in Bogota, 4-5 June 2009
- Rodrigues, E "DRIVER and COAR: from infrasytructure to confederation" presented at the DSPACE User meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden 14-16 October 2009.
- Niezgódka M., "CAS-EU Workshop on Research Infrastructures", Beijing, CAS (National Astronomical Observatories), November 9, 2009.
- Niezgódka M. CNIC, Beijing, November 11, 2009
- Niezgódka M. EU Delegation on e-Infrastructures to Taiwan,
Meeting at the National
Science Council, Taipei, November 12, 2009
- presentations at meetings and dissemination continued throughout.
Peered reviewed publications
- Lossau, N. and Peters, D. "DRIVER: Building a Sustainable Infrastructure of European Scientific Repositories" LIBER, 18, 2008, pp.437-448
- Michele Artini, Leonardo Candela, Donatella Castelli Paolo Manghi, Marko Mikulicic. and Pasquale Pagano "Sustainable Digital Library Systems over the DRIVER Repository Infrastructure", LNCS 5173/2008, Berlin, pp.227-231.
- Vernooy-Gerritsen, Marjan, "Three Perspectives on the Evolving Infrastructure of Institutional", Ariadne 59 April 2009, UKOLN, Bath
- Arjan Hogenaar "Onderzoekscommunicatie gaat ingrijpend veranderen", Science Guide, 2009, Amsterdam
- Arjan Hogenaar "Enhancing Scientific Communication through Aggregated Publications Environments", Ariadne 61, October 2009, UKOLN, Bath.
- Leonardo Candela, Donatella Castelli, Paolo Manghi, Marko Mikulicic, and Pasquale Pagano "On Foundations of Typed Data Models for Digital Libraries", 5th Italian Research Conference on Digital Libraries (IRCDL), Padua, Italy, 2009.
- Michele Artini, Leonardo Candela, Donatella Castelli Paolo Manghi, Marko Mikulicic. and Pasquale Pagano "Aggregative Digital Library Systems in the DRIVER Infrastructure", World Digital Libraries Journal, accepted.
- Rosemary Russell and Stephanie Taylor "Are repositories paying attention to their users?", New Review for Academic Librarianship, accepted for publication, October 2010.
- Elbaek.M "From repository manager workshop to a Danish OA network." ScieComInfo Nordic-Baltic Forum for Scientific Communication, 5 (2)
- Lossau N., and Peters D., ""DRIVER: a worldwide repository
network in support of scholarly communication." Bibliotheks- Forschung
und Praxis. 33(2),p203-208, September 2009.
- 10 Peer-reviewed publications over 24 months
DRIVER II Studies
- The European Repository Landscape 2008: Inventory of Digital Repositories for Research Output in the EU by Maurits van der Graaf, Edited by Marjan Vernooy-Gerritsen
- Enhanced Publications: Linking Publications and Research Data in Digital Repositories by Woutersen-Windhouwer et al., Edited by Marjan Vernooy-Gerritsen
- Emerging Standards for Enhanced Publications and Repository Technology: Survey on Technology by Van Godtsenhoven et al., Edited by Karen Van Godtsenhoven & Marjan Vernooy-Gerritsen
- DRIVER Usability Study 2009, by University of Gent, Belgium.
- Belgium as a Case Study for Best practice for National IR websites Report and leaflet
- The DRIVER 2008 Inventory Study Deliverable Report
- DRIVER Technology Watch Deliverable Report.
Online resources include
- Introductory Video to the DRIVER Project
- Online Mentor Service Tutorial
- Online Tutorial for Repository Managers
- Published studies, reports and online resources continue to be available as resources for the community
Project reports and project documents are available from the DRIVER
Last updated: 17-Feb-2010